- :::::Kunafa Recipe Ingredients::::
- Kataifi (Phyllo dough) 1 package
- Ricotta Cheese 1 3/4 cup
- Sweet Cream butter (melted) 1 ½ cup
- Shredded Mozzarella 1 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Semolina 3 tablespoons
- Cashews for garnishing
- :::::Kunafa Recipe Syrup::::
- Sugar 1 ½ cups
- Lime juice/ lemon juice 1 tsp
- Rose Water 1 tsp
- Water 1 cup
Kunafa | Kanafe | Kanafeh | Knafeh | Kunafeh | Kunafah | كنافة | Kunafa Recipe
Kunafa recipe is a traditional Arabic sweet or dessert made from Kathafi which is a very fine vermicelli-like phyllo pastry found especially in middle eastern countries. It is also called as Kanafeh in turkish language. Kunafa is also sometimes known as shredded phyllo as it is mixed layer of shredded phyllo with a creamy cheese filling in the middle combined with another layer. Kunafa recipe is served with a flavored syrup of rose water or orange water. It is a best served dish in the gulf countries including Saudi Arabia and Emirates especially during Ramadan festival season, as people prepare kunafa recipe for iftiar. I love Kunafa recipe as its crunchy and creamy in taste. Here is an easy method to prepare Kunafa recipe at home by yourself.
Preparation of Kunafa Recipe:
- First Pre-heat the oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a big bowl and crumble the kataifi together with your hands
- Now add the melted butter into the bowl and mix the Kataifi with it thoroughly.
- On a greased pan put half of the mixture of the Kataifi and butter in the bottom and spread it out as a crust and keep it apart.
- Preparation for the cream: Mix the ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese in a big bowl. Take a pan and slowly heat the milk for a minute and then add the semolina and cook for 30 seconds, now combine this mixture with the cheese.
- Pour the cheese mixture on top of the kataifi crust in the pan and spread it evenly
- Put the remaining kataifi mixture on top of the cheese to form another crust on the top.
- Place the pan in oven and cook it at 350-400 degrees for 40- 45 minutes until the crust on the top is golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and let it stand for 30 minutes,
- Then invert the Kunafa onto a nice plate
- Pour the syrup over it and serve it.
- Garnish with cashew nuts
Do it yourself Kunafa recipe and enjoy this arabic dessert at your home.