אזרחות פורטוגלית portuguese-passport.online
Basundi is definitely an Indian dessert mainly made in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Bihar and Karnataka. Basundi is a sweetened thick milk made by boiling the milk on low flame heat until the milk is reduced by half to get a thicker consistency. Cream can be added in the process of boiling to speed up the thickening procedure. When lowered, slightly add sugar, cardamom, Buchanania seeds which are also called as Charoli or saffron. This sweet dessert is usually served cold, usually garnished with pieces of pistachios and almonds. This Basundi recipe is prepared in different styles like Sitaphal (like Custard apple) Basundi and Angoor Basundi which is Basundi with Rasgullas in it.
Preparation of Basundi Recipe:
- Soak the almonds and cashew for 15 minutes and blend it and keep it aside.
- Reserve few almonds and cashew for garnishing.
- Boil the milk in a simmer low heat till the milk coats the back of the spoon.
- Stir the paste of almonds and cashew with a cup of milk and then mix it with the milk that was boiled.
- Add sugar and saffron and cook it till the sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate it and garnish with sliced almonds, pistachios and cashews.
- Serve it cool.
Tip while making Basundi:
- Use a broad and flat pan to boil milk.