бинариум реальные отзывы
Gulab Jamun is a very famous Indian dessert. The name Gulab Jamun originated from Persians, they called it as Gul-aab which means Rose water and Jamun is an Arabic dessert means “the Judge’s Bite” (Luqmat Al Qadi in Arabic). This dessert Gulab Jamun was very popular during the Mughal period. There should be only very few people who don’t like Gulab jamun. Its a perfect Indian recipe for all occasions especially marriages where they serve Gulab Jamun and ice cream in hot and cold combination. My five year old son jus love this recipe…he calls it as Gulab Jaanu, so sweet when he calls like that. It is a soft dumpling made out of khoya or milk powder with little all purpose flour as the key ingredients and left in a flavored sugar syrup called as chashni. What a mouth watering taste…
How to make Gulab Jamun:
- First make the sugar syrup or chashni by adding water, sugar, Rose Syrup, cardamoms and Saffron in a pot and boil it.
- Once it begins boiling, low down the heat to simmer.
- In the meantime, Heat up the oil on low medium heat and get ready for deep frying.
- For making the gulab jamun add in all dry ingredients such as the milk powder, all purpose flour, baking soda in a mixing bowl and mix well then add the melted butter and yogurt slowly. Make into a dough and leave it to rest for 5- 8 minutes.
- Now take a little of the dough and make desired size balls. Make sure that they are smooth round balls and do not have any creases.
- Now here is an important step: Test the oil by dropping a little piece of dough in the oil, if the dough settles at the bottom for minute and then raises to the surface then the oil is ready for deep frying.
- Now gently drop 4-5 dumplings in the oil and keep rotating them till they get a even dark golden brown color.
- Once they get that color, remove them out into a paper towel.
- Now quickly boil the sugar syrup again and drop in the dumplings.
- Once you drop in the dumplings turn off the flame and cover the Gulab Jamuns with a lid and leave it cool at room temperature for an hour and then later can be refrigerated.
- Garnish as you like and serve the Gulab Jamun hot or cold. I am sure you will get a mind blowing taste…:)