- Gram flour (Besan flour) 1 cup
- Rice Flour 1 tsp ( for crispyness)
- Onions 2
- Baking soda 1 pinch
- Chilli powder 3/4 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil for deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Yellow Food color (optional) 2 pinches
рейтинг бинарных опционов
ив роше сайт
We all know Chennai (in South India) is famous for Marina Beach and Marina Beach is famous for Bajji. Yes, bajji is the popular south Indian snack and found almost everywhere in the streets as well as in the beach sold by the roadside food vendors. You can find a different varieties namely, vazhakkai (plantain) bajji, Capsicum Bajji, Chilli (molaga) bajji, Potato Bajji, Onion bajji, etc. It is very easy to make and it is a incredibly yummy and a crispy snack in an awesome rainy evenings. It is usually prepared by dipping any sliced vegetables of your choice like onion, capsicum, plantain, potato, etc in a batter made out of gram flour and frying it. Here I am gonna tell you how to prepare an onion bajji recipe in a very simple and easy way. I really love the way my mom-n-law prepares Onion Bajji.
Onion Bajji Recipe Preparation:
- In a bowl add the above ingredients ( Gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, baking soda, asafoetida, food color and salt) and mix it evenly.
- Add water little by little to this mixture until the batter becomes neither thick nor too thin.
- Cut the onions into thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a wide kadai or pan.
- Dip the onion slices into the batter just make sure that it is well coated on both sides.
- Drop the bajji into the oil slowly and fry them for 2 minutes gently turn them over.
- Fry the bajji on both sides till it turns into crispy golden brown.
- Remove the bajji from heat and drain the excess oil with a kitchen tissue.
- Serve it hot with coriander dip (pudina chutney).