- Green Bananas 675g
- Ghee 75 g
- Onion 1
- Garlic cloves 2
- Ground Ginger ½ tps
- Paprika pepper powder 1 tsp
- Cardamoms 3
- Egg 1
- Salt 1 tsp
- For Gravy:
- Heavy cream 1/3 cup
- Tomato paste ¼ cup
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
This Kela Kofta recipe is another version of Kofta recipe. Kela Kofta is a recipe made out of raw bananas or plantain. It is very nutritious and healthy as they contains a high level of proteins, vitamins which useful for the blood regulation. It is very delicious to eat. This recipe made out of green bananas may not be too easy to get hold of, but it is well worth it as this Kela Kofta is an exotic and different dish which has no counterpart in Western cuisine.
- Boil the raw green bananas for about 10 minutes with their skins until they become tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow them to cool, then peel off their skin and mash the bananas evenly.
- Heat the ghee on a pan and fry the onion until it is golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic to the onions.
Now add the banana pulp along with the paprika, cardamoms and little salt stirring well. Allow it to cool.
Pour in the egg until you have a soft, pliable dough.
Now shape the mixture into balls approximately a size of a lemon and place it apart.
On a saucepan put the cream and tomato puree together with an pinch of salt and a little ghee and cook it in a medium flame, stirring constantly.
When the gravy starts boiling add the koftas and gently heat for 10 minutes.
Garnish with some coriander leaves and is ready to serve.