Rogan Josh Recipe:
Rogan Josh Recipe is an aromatic lamb dish, especially originated from Kashmir so it a famous kashmiri dish. In North India some cooks ares often judged by his or her ability to prepare rogan josh recipe. Consequently, there are a number of recipes for this Rogan Josh and some cooks insist a very long list of ingredients. But the secret of Rogan Josh Recipe lies not so much in the number of ingredients as in the way they are put together. If you are newly married then here is the chance to impress your mother-in-law. This Rogan Josh Recipe dish seems to be tough but it is very simple and easy. So, here is the method to prepare Rogan Josh Recipe.
Preparation of Rogan Josh Recipe:
- Wash and cut the meat into one inch cubes into a bowl and add yogurt to it and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and leave it for 2 -3 hours.
- Meanwhile, slice the onions and fry it in the ghee in a pressure cooker, until it becomes golden brown.
- Liquidize the chopped ginger and garlic along with the water and add to the onions, cook for 10 minutes in a medium heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (garam masala, black ground pepper powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt).
- Add Tomato puree/paste and stir for 5 minutes.
- Close the pressure cooker with the whistle on and try to cook until you get 4-5 whistles. Leave it to cool.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and tomatoes.
- Serve hot rogan josh recipe with Bagara Rice, kabsa rice, rice pulav, roti, chappati, porata or even khubus.